4G Connect – Standard model
“4G Connect is a new 2G/3G/4G (LTE) internet access solution for use afloat. It utilises the latest MIMO technology with dual antennas for fast, long range access and incorporates a full function wifi router.”
4G Connect is a new 2G/3G/4G (LTE) internet access solution to get internet on board.
It utilises the latest MIMO technology with dual antennas for fast, long range access and incorporates a full function wifi router so multiple devices can connect wirelessly.
There is also a wired LAN port and WAN port – for connection to high power wifi devices or satellite modems.
The Standard model has built in antennas which will provide good performance when in port.
4G Connect has an easy to use interface and is unlocked so users are free to fit a data SIM card from any mobile provider they choose.
However, during our testing, we have found that the lower frequencies used by the Vodafone network coupled with a competitive European data roaming allowance, offer the best maritime solution for European cruising yachtsman.
Operation is simple – turn on, connect to the password protected wifi hotspot that 4G Connect creates and your device is online.
Digital Yacht’s WL510 high power wifi solutioncan also be connected to the WAN port for a choice between hotspot wifi and 4G connectivity.
Hi performance 4G/LTE modem for exceptional speed and range with fall back to 2G/3G
- SIM unlocked for any network provider
- Internal antenna solution with MIMO technology
- LTE Class 3 modem offers long range and up to 70Mbps speeds
- Wifi interface for tablets and phones
- Offers good performance in port on GRP boats
- Ethernet LAN port for connection to iKommunicate navigation interface – allows boat NMEA 0183/2000 data to be available on the wifi network – ideal for smartphone and tablet navigation
- Ethernet WAN port can connect to satellite or WL510 high power wifi system for combination LTE/WiFi hotspot solution
- 12V DC operation with <5W power consumption
- Easy installation
- Easily upgradable to PRO with purchase of external antennas and cabling