A tunnel thruster cannot be fitted to every boat. For some boats, the Side-Power retractable thruster is the answer. A user talks about his experiences.
Side-Power offer retractable thrusters in true Side-Power spirit with no compromise on safety and reliability. The retracting thrusters are built with the same high safety standards as all Side-Power products, and incorporate all features introduced with the SE-series thrusters.
Their focus on safety is a totally integral part of the product design so that everything from build quality to ease of installation is thought of to ensure long term reliability.
Specific Retracting thruster features:
- Plug and play S-Link two way communication control cable wiring
- Motor assembly rigid mounted on retract casing - no moving parts during retract operation
- Compact measures
- Reliable retract mechanism, avoids sticking
- Fast deployment time
- Easy to use control panel with status feedback from thruster
The SR-series thrusters also incorporate the advanced features from the SE-series tunnel thusters:
- Sealed Drive - lifetime lubricated
- Galvanic Separation
- IPC intelligence for extra safety