SAILTEC provides hydraulic tension and rig control for sailing yachts. They do this by supplying hydraulic push/pull cylinders, hydraulic pneumatic cylinders, integral pump/pull cylinders, and panel pumps to generate from 2,500 to 250,000 pound tension. Storm Force Marine work with designers, architects and boat-yards to provide custom applications and custom finishes.
Our integral hydraulic adjusters offer simple installation, easy operation, and effective adjustment with an accurate pressure gauge. Sailtec offers all of this at a lower cost than any other manufacturer. The Sailtec Integral Adjuster is the right choice for all sailors with boats from 28' to 75' when only one hydraulic adjuster is desired.
- Cylinder: All Sailtec cylinders are aircraft-quality aluminum alloy, precision gun drilled, honed, polished, and anodized to retain their attractive appearance and performance for years of service.
- Locking Option: The mechanical device locks the rod in position, allowing release of hydraulic pressure. Also, the threaded rod can be marked for upwind and downwind positions, allowing consistent repeatability, without checking the pressure gauge.
- Pressure Relief Valve: The pressure relief valve is one of the more important features on all Sailtec integral adjusters. This feature will not allow over tensioning of the rigging.
- Valving: Sailtec uses a cartridge valve to control pressure. The valve is a ball valve and can be replaced in the field. This type of cartridge release valve prevents damage to the pump and is more reliable than other brands.
- Gauge: Sailtec gauges feature wide-arc, dual-scale (psi/kg) dial faces for the accurate reading of pressure.
- Piston/Piston Rod: Type 316 stainless steel piston rods are larger and stronger than competing hydraulics on the market, an important feature to prevent bending and premature seal wear caused by side loads.
- Stroke: Integrals are available in both standard and long stroke
Sailtec manufactures boom vangs in the same manner as its standard cylinders.The boom vang has a nitrogen return system and in most cases will support the weight of the boom, eliminating the need for a topping lift.
- Tension is 5000 psi or 350 bar.
- Return force is at 500 psi or 35 bar.
- Length is pin-to-pin closed and will be adjusted to meet your exact requirements, and may be subject to custom length charges.
- Stainless cylinders available.
- Standard finish is hard coat black anodized.