Odeo stands for Omni Directional Electrical Optical signal and is an innovative replacement and enhancement to traditional hand flares.
Traditional flares will illuminate for around 30 seconds before extinguishing: the Odeo Flare™ illuminates for around 6 hours at full illumination. Because no pyrotechnics are used, the Odeo Flare™ is totally safe when switched off, and because it uses battery power (high power Lithium or Alkaline cells), it can even be safely posted or carried in baggage on flights.Regulations
The Odeo Flare™ is designed with consideration to SOLAS requirements, making it a genuine alternative to the pyrotechnic red hand held flare. The US Coast Guard is now leading the world in developing standards for electronic Visual Distress Signals (eVDS) as a replacement for the hand held pyrotechnic flare. The Odeo Flare™ also outputs an SOS signal during its flash pattern as described in Annex 4 to COLREGS, and is thus an internationally recognised distress signal.
Twin retractable transducers ensure complete forward coverage whatever the hull form. The view ahead is 60 degrees in the horizontal plane, over 90 degrees in the vertical plane and the forward range is up to 200 m. The screen updates every 1 second depending on the range setting. The black-box FLS-3D outputs HDMI and VGA for a full color picture on a wide range of compatible displays.
A basic EchoPilot 3D is supplied with two 5” transducers with bronze housings. Optional housing lengths and materials available for metal or very thick hulls.
2-meter transducer cable, 10 meter extension cable and 10 meter data cable (from Transducer Interface box to Visual Processor).
- Real time system – refreshes every 1 second
- 200m forward range, 100m depth range
- 200 kHz Operating frequency
- Twin retractable 5” transducers w/ bronze housing standard
- Twin retractable 10” transducers w/ bronze housing standard (optional)
- Aluminium and steel skin fitting (optional)
- Video output: HDMI and VGA
- Color coded depth display
- Ethernet style transducer connection (cable length up to 150m)
- Vertical plane Beam width: 90°
- Horizontal plane Beam width 60°
- 12 or 24 VDC
- Full HD capable